Sunday, February 12, 2012

Post 50 Planning

We are quickly approaching 50 posts (two more posts to go) and I am trying to decide what I should make for the memorable anniversary. I love baking and sweets, obviously, but as you will see below I have gone a little overboard on the sweets lately in order to celebrate my birthday - this is not a bad thing and I by no means complaining, mind you, I simply don't think my hips can take much more. I have journals and journals filled with ideas, recipes, and notes about cuisines and things to try, and I have been flipping through them to get ideas. (I know paper and pencil is not the most efficient way to do such a task, but what can I say? I am a traditionalist who sticks with what she knows. And technology and I don't get alone so I can't automate the system.)

Do you all have any suggestions or requests? I am all about trying something new, but am not against revisiting an oldie but a goodie. Or maybe pick something off my wish list to try, that sounds like fun! (check it out over here is you forget what's on there.)

While you ponder that - here are some photos!

Homemade granola! Made with oats, walnuts, raisins, agave nectar, and a little cinnamon. Easy squeezy.

I plan on eating this on top of yogurt, mixed into a salad, topping a baked sweet potato, 3and any extras will be baked into some pancakes at the end of the week - but I doubt it will last that long.


Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment