Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Peanut Butter is a Food Group

Or at least in my world it is. I know it is not the best thing to be eating on a regular basis, thanks to its calorie density and saturated fat, but I figure there are worse things I could be addicted to. I try to cut my loses by buying the natural kind (I tried to low fat variety and that stuff is awful!) so I figure I am at least not putting so many chemicals and preservatives in my body. And I would like to start making my own someday, but that would require one of those fancy-dancy food processors which is still on my wish list. So all natural, Simply Jiff is what it is.

Given that I am so in love with this legume's spread, I tend to dollop it into a lot of my baking. Last week I made peanut butter and jelly muffins, a first for me. They were delicious, and I deemed them appropriate for breakfast, snacks, and dessert. Topped with a little of my homemade granola and I was good to go! Needless to say the dozen didn't last long at all.




2 comments:

  1. this look delish! i wanna make a nutella muffin since i LOVE nutella

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like nutella, you need to try nutella crepes -- talk about heavenly. And nutella brownies are a good bet too, and easy to make. Just mix together nutella, flour, a splash of vanilla and milk, and bake in miniature cupcake tins! Adorable AND portion control.

    ReplyDelete