Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Coffee Cup Wisdom

This past weekend I visited home and one of my first stops was to my favorite coffee shop in town. I ordered a latte I hadn't had in a while (light, no whipped cream, and half the shots, just the way I like it,)  and suddenly felt so much better about the bitterly cold weather outside. The snow was coming down like it rightfully should be in February, the wind was blowing enough to cut right through my thickest winter coat, and I still didn't mind because as I watch the snow swirl outside and sipped my latte, I noticed what was written on my coffee cup.

The question posed by this very inquisitive cup was "What will you stay up for?" Good question, since we all value the precious few hours we get nowadays. The answers varied from "the newest episode of The Desperate Housewives," to "to hear my 3 year old ask me 'what letter does S start with?'" So that made me wonder, what will I be willing to stay up for?

I will stay up to watch a Disney movie, to be a sympathetic ear and shoulder to cry on, and to read another few verses of the Bible. Definitely.

And I ask you the same question. What will you stay up for?

As you ponder, here are my birthday dessert pictures!

Rustic Apple Tart

Peanut Butter Blondies

Individual Fruit Tarts, glazed with honey

Peanut Butter Pretzel Sandwiches (a birthday present from my roommate, Mary)

Mint Dark Chocolate Mousse in a Milk Chocolate Cup

Mocha Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Filling and Salted Caramel Frosting

Our dessert bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment