A long LONG story short, I have successfully:
- moved back to my hometown of Cincinnati from my college town of Lexington
- gotten a new job at not one but two catering companies here in Cincy
- bought, cleaned, furnished, and updated my very first home (!!!! I move in Sunday!!!)
- seen my sister off to her first year of college - I have only somewhat come to terms with this
- registered for my first semester of culinary classes
- attended the necessary orientations and uniform fittings (I get my chef coats on Monday!)
- taken over a nanny position for a family up the street
- went on a one week family vacation with the family before everyone went off for another busy year
And those are just the highlights. There has been a lot of painting, cutting grass, shopping for rugs, curtains, and kitchen appliances, and some precious hours spend soaking up some sun by the pool. It has been a busy month, but what a transition year for my family! Shelby is off to college for what promises to be eight (!?) years of study, I am starting culinary school, mom and dad just celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary, and are empty nesters.... who blinked and let up grow up so quick?!
As soon as I get moved in and established again, I will be able to start cooking some interesting things and posting on a (somewhat) regular schedule.
Thanks for hanging in there folks!