I was recently poking through some new food blogs and came across this one, who gave me the idea to share a little more about myself. Here are the questions that she asked -
- What made you laugh this week? The notepads my mom gave me for Valentine's Day, which said "Advice from a Squirrel: 1. Be Active 2. Go out on a Limb 3.Plan Ahead 4.It's OK to be a little Nuts" Check them out over here!
- If you were a dog, what breed would you be? A Sheltie, I have two cuties at home and I miss them terribly! If you want to see a picture, check them out over here (scroll all the way to the bottom.)
- What book–any type–do you recommend most right now? I made a New Year's Resolution to myself to read The Bible, and I am giving myself a year to do it, so I have been working diligently on that. On the side, however, I just finished The Making of a Chef, which traces the life of a chef as he goes through the Culinary Institute of America's degree program. It was FABULOUS, and lent it to someone who claims he is a non-cook and he enjoyed it as well.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Stewed pinto beans, cornbread, kale, and home grown tomatoes and cucumbers (I may have been asked this a time or two before, I was ready with my answer.)
- Team Gale or Team Peeta? I have no idea what this is referring to, so moving on...
- What’s your go-to recipe? Quick bread: banana walnut, cranberry orange, pumpkin cinnamon; you name the combination, I love quick bread!
- What’s your favorite color highlighter to use? Blue! Though I used to be a staunch yellow highlighters only kind of girl
- Are you superstitious? Not really. I step on all the cracks I want, but have a lucky pair of panties.
- What sparked your commitment to healthy living (food &/or fitness)? I was a chubby kid, but was active so wasn't unhealthy, just was too young to understand nutrition and calories and all those things. Then in the eighth grade, I decided I didn't want to be "pleasantly plump" and took control of my health. I brought my lunch to school every day, danced and swam more, and no longer drank soda or juices. A few years later, here I am balancing all my meal, drinking water, and exercising five times a day.
- What was your favorite childhood stuffed animal / blanket named? I had a stuffed alligator named Mr. Chomp Chomp.
- What’s your favorite color to wear? Pink! I have a ton of pink.
And here are a few more:
- Almond Butter or Peanut Butter? Peanut Butter - it is a good group in my world.
- What made you smile today? Today I smiled at how well my "soup of leftovers" came out. A little salsa, grilled chicken, black beans, and jalapenos, and I had dinner.
- What’s the last thing you do before falling asleep? Read a few verses of the Bible and say a prayer.
- Treadmill or elliptical? Elliptical every time, though I would much rather swim laps.
- Favorite piece of jewelry? I love pearls, and I am especially excited for the pearl ring my mom and dad gave me for my 21st birthday. It should be finished this weekend so I will be happy to share a picture once I pick it up.
- First thing (not a person or pet) you’d save if your house was on fire?
- If you have a smartphone, what’s your most-used app? I do have a smartphone!!! (a few more !!!! just for excitement) I love the Google App (so I can access Google Docs and my two additional Google Calendars), Words with Friends (my sister has beaten me all but twice), and MyFitnessPal (so I can track my calories and physical activity.)
- Which of your family members are you closest to? Oh my gosh - totally my mom, sister, and grandma all together.
- Would you rather shave your head or get a tattoo of a baby elephant on your leg? Oh my gosh really? I can't believe this was one of the questions. I guess shave my head, at least that isn't permanent, though I think I will stay away from the shavers and the tattoo shops.
- If you work out, what time is ideal for you? Of course I work out! In the morning, right when I get up. The gym isn't crowded, I can take a moment to stretch before and after my workout, and then shower and be done with it for the day. I always feel so accomplished afterwards and I can just concentrate on homework or studying in the evening.
- Sweet or savory? Sweet. Every time.
What do you want to ask?