Thursday, November 17, 2011

'Tis the Season for Cinnamon

Rolls that is! I have been wanting to make cinnamon rolls for WEEKS now, allured by the sugary stickiness of melted brown sugar and cinnamon, the tender flake of the homemade yeast dough, and the fun that is eating them layer by layer as you pull them apart, leaving you with an almost too heavenly to be true center. But I was faced with the same conundrum I am always faced with when it comes to making a batch of something I have been craving... if I make it, I will eat it. Hence why I am always trying to pawn baked goods, remains of hearty casseroles, or slices of desserts off on people, so that they do not sit in my refrigerator and mock me every time I reach in there for something a little higher on the health scale, such as an apple or some hummus. Fortunately for me, I had an apartment full of willing and able eaters this past Tuesday night. They claim they came to watch the UK basketball game, but I suspect the promise of freshly baked Cinnamon Rolls topped with Cream Cheese Icing might have had something to do with their wanting to visit as well.


If tempting my friends with sugary treats is what it takes to 
1. finally bake something I have been craving for weeks, 
2. get my girlfriends to come over to visit when we are all so busy we can't seem to find the time, and 
3. saves me from having to flaunt my gross ignorance of basketball (I really am attending the wrong school, to LOVE football and not know a darn thing about basketball) then so be it! 

I topped each person's cinnamon roll with the cream cheese icing individually, so that it would melt down into the roll  perfectly as it was being eaten. Here's mine!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is def what i need. yumyum.

    DO u have any special recipe for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like to use my own recipe, but I was looking on one of my favorite food blogs last night (TasteSpotting.com - you have to check this out!) and found this recipe and decided to use it.

    http://kaitlyncooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/best-cinnamon-rollsi-swear-its-true.html

    Very appropriate blog I thought, since my name too is Katelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanks! :):)

    lol how appropriate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mm, gotta pick up more brown sugar so i can make these over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete