Monday, November 14, 2011

Re-purposing Leftovers

This weekend was ridiculously busy, one of the busiest ones I've had since classes started in the fall. Warm weather meant squeezing in all my favorite outdoor activities, like walks downtown and football games, before it gets too cold. So needless to say, some very basic weekly duties such as grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning, fell by the wayside a bit. Call me a college kid, but I am sure rolling with it, cleaning little bits here and there, and using whatever is in the fridge so make a meal. 


So tonight was my first experiment with "creating meals on the fly" was to use up some french style steamed green beans, steamed edamame, and potatoes. By leaning on a few pantry staples I ended up coming up with a really satisfying and healthy dinner that gave me leftovers (making them leftovers of leftovers?) for tomorrow!


Plus it's almost Thanksgiving break (thank goodness!!!!) so this is a great way for me to use up what I have on reserve. Yeah, that sounds much better than "I was too lazy and tired to go to the store."

Pictured is a green been, edamame, tomato, and roasted onion stew, paired with chipotle chili scented potatoes and cornbread. And the last piece of pumpkin pie for dessert (I beat my roomies to it!) Happy leftover-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment