Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin is my Favorite Pie

'Tis the season for pumpkin pie friends! And since pumpkin pie is by far my FAVORITE kind of pie, I decided to start the pie eating season a little earlier than normal this year. Who said I had to wait until Thanksgiving Day breakfast to eat pumpkin pie? (And yes, I do eat pumpkin pie for breakfast on Thanksgiving Day every year. It is totally a balanced meal if you put milk in your morning coffee.)


Here I have served it with a vanilla spiced cream, as I was lacking whipping cream to making my own whipped topping for the top. Just as delicious, and it made me start thinking about experimenting with a bourbon spiced pumpkin pie garnished with chocolate dipped apricots, or orange scented pumpkin pie topped with a vanilla amaretto whipped cream. Oh the variations are endless, now all I need is someone to eat all of these experiments!



No comments:

Post a Comment