Monday, December 19, 2011

A Different Kind of Birthday Cake

It was my sorority sister's birthday a week or so ago, right before finals (so unfortunately she spent it studying for an Accounting final, poor baby) but I am not about to let her work through her birthday and let it go un-celebrated. I invited her over for dinner, along with the rest of my Alpha Gamma Delta family. We enjoyed Chicken and Biscuits, a spinach, orange, and pomegranate salad, and Peanut Butter Brownie Pie. I assured my family that all of these dishes had brain food in preparation for finals (vegetables, lean protein, pomegranate, walnuts, and dark chocolate.) Everyone seemed thankful for the study break, and my little loved the non-traditional birthday cake.

Brownie pie with peanut butter frosting, soon to be topped with  chopped Reese's

2 comments:

  1. never thoght to use peanut butter as a frosting! very craetive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's simple - and addicting for anyone who is a peanut butter addict like I am. Just replace the regular butter/margarine in your favorite frosting recipe with peanut butter and you're good to go! It is also fun to swap out the vanilla extract for maple... yum!

    ReplyDelete