Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another Oldie but a Goodie

I AM OFFICIALLY FINISHED WITH ALL MY FINALS! And since today has been consumed by a lot of reminiscing about the past four months of classes, exams, and course material (while I gleefully return my textbooks and clean off my desk) I thought I would re-post something from my previous blog. Call it... recycling. New foods to come!

(Note: This post was from the summertime... quite the opposite of today's chilly drizzly weather. But pesto is for all seasons! I plan on making kale pesto tomorrow, so how appropriate!)


Pasta Time!
Hi everyone! I know I raved last week about how happy I am that it is getting warmer, and to spare you all from that rant AGAIN and how INCREDIBLY HAPPY it makes me, I will skip right to the food for once. 
I am a huge pasta fan, mostly because it is a carb and I have never met a carb I didn’t like. Love them ALL! I made this pasta up a few weeks ago and just held onto the pictures for a rainy (or incredibly beautiful and spring-like) day. I am becoming a big fan of pesto, so I have been playing around with difference combinations and ingredients in order to get the maximum nutrition, flavor, variety, the whole nine yards. So this one is not made with fresh basil but spinach instead, which is so incredibly good for you it’s not funny. Add some toasted pine nuts, olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and some red pepper flakes (which made the dish pop,) and I was well on my way into a carb induced happy state.
When I have my herb garden back this summer I want to try a pesto with a combo of basil, thyme, and rosemary for chicken or bruscetta, or maybe one with chive and tarragon to go over grilled steaks. Mmmmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment