Thursday, March 29, 2012

Me: from A to Z

I have been trying in recent blogs to share a little more of myself in an effort to seem a bit less like a mystery and more like an actual person who sits down to write these entries curled up on the couch with a mug of tea in my hand (usually putting off homework until just a little bit later...) I tend to abuse the use of ellipses, I don't like air conditioning, and I get absurdly excited about odd things that most people wouldn't waste the energy on, like trying a new shade of lipstick or getting the first spoonful of a new jar of peanut butter. So in posts like this one and this one, I have tried to share little bits of myself. You are all obviously gluttons for punishment since you keep coming back for more. So here are a few more tidbits to chew on today, as you gradually weave together this vast blanket of crazy called Katelyn.So without further ado, Me: from A to Z


A is for age: 21, yippee! If you missed my birthday celebrations (yes, plural) check them out here and here.


B is for breakfast today: Oatmeal with a dollop of pear butter and a banana.


C is for currently craving: I still have my craving for barbecue pulled pork. Still. See here for more on this craving.


D is for dinner tonight: Probably an Italian chicken burger... I'll keep you posted.


E is for favorite type of exercise: I love to swim. I swam all the way through grade school and am thrilled to have gotten back into it this year. For those of you who swim out there, I am a flyer, and distance fly and IM's are my favorite events. I really miss swim meets, both competing in them and attending them, because obviously I don't have enough chlorine in my system.


F is for an irrational fear: I hate spiders, like HATE them.  Whenever I see one I shreak and holler like someone is coming after me, and I can't stand to get close enough to them to kill them so usually I just put a glass over it until someone comes along who wants to take mercy on me. I also really don't like drive-thru's. I would much rather physically go into Starbucks or the bank.


G is for gross food: Mayonnaise. I will probably never come to terms with the stuff. And avocados and I are on an uphill battle, but hopefully after some intense therapy and sharing of our feelings, we will again be able to share the same dinner plate.


H is for hometown: I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. I was born and raised there, and about once a month I travel home to be surrounded by family like the good old days when I took them being there all the time for granted.


I is for something important: I am graduating with my Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in 38 days. Oh. My. Goodness. 


J is for current favorite jam: The strawberry zucchini jam Mommaw makes, hand down. I eat this stuff on everything and we should make it by the truck load. That and her bread and butter pickles, I eat those by the jar full too.


K is for kids: I love them. Hope to two of my own one day. One day far far away from today. 


L is for current location: I'm currently a senior Business Management student at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky. I LOVE Lexington, with all my heart, and it kills me to have to leave here in a few months. But on to bigger and brighter culinary school things!


M is for the most recent way you spent money: Last night I paid for a carton of orange juice with nothing but change (*looks around* I know I'm not the only one who has done that...) but that probably isn't what y'all were looking for. I bought a steal of a dress on Sunday at Target, which I plan on wearing today. 


N is for something you need: Other than a good night's sleep and a few extra hours in my day, I can't think of a thing. I'm a pretty lucky girl.


O is for occupation: I'm a full time student, but I work for the Student Government Association here at UK as a program coordinator, and I work with for a distillery here in Kentucky in their banquet kitchen - so I stay busy, but it's all fun.


P is for pet peeve: People being late. And unprepared. And not responding to emails.


 Q is for a quote: I love quotes. I enclose them in cards, send them in emails, and pull them out when I really don't know how to start a paper. This one is one of my favorites: "Small minds talk about people. Mediocre minds talk about places. Large minds talk about ideas." I heard this from a speaker I attended last week and it has stuck with me.


R is for random fact about you: I've never played a video game and I've never had a Pop Tart.


S is for favorite healthy snack: I love to make smoothies because I can make them out of anything and get to enjoy them for longer than most other snacks.


T is for favorite treat: I love frozen yogurt with strawberry zucchini jam or chopped up fruit and nuts on it. Or from Fro Jo's here in Lexington - delicious!


U is for something that makes you unique: I don't match my socks. Ever. Just because.


V is for favorite vegetable: Just one favorite? Homegrown tomatoes, still warm from the garden.


W is for today’s workout: I swim every Tuesday and Thursday, but instead of a workout, we played water polo in class today. For those of you who haven't played, water polo is still a heck of a workout!


X is for X-rays you’ve had: I had one of my knee once to make sure everything was ok (as a kid I was building muscle faster than I was growing tall to make room for the muscle, which caused a few obnoxious consequences) and ones a few months ago before I had my wisdom teeth taken out.


Y is for yesterday’s highlight: Yesterday was awesome because my roommate got into Graduate school and we celebrated! It was so fun hanging out with her and celebrating her success.


Z is for your favorite animal at the zoo: Polar bears, flamingos, and babies. Any babies.


I got this template from one of the blogs I frequent called Meals and Moves, which can be found here. I made a few alterations, but the gist is still the same. 

4 comments:

  1. Love this idea! An A to Z. It's a good way to get to know your fellow bloggers! I'm from Cincinnati originally as well (Camp Washington. Also, spiders are probably my #2 phobia (aside from heights). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed this post! It is a small world isn't it? Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Great post! Why don't you like AC? It's how I survive in the summer, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get cold really easily so air conditioning pretty much freezes me out. Even when it's summertime and the car is a million degrees when you get in it, I still just roll down the windows and roll with it. I really like to ride with the windows down anyway.

      Delete