Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cabinet Clean Out

Now that the semester has started for real, after the long Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, I am falling back into a routine with my new course schedule, which means that dinner is again my responsibility - gone are the days were dinner was dinnertime was a group effort between my mom, myself, and my dad. And after having my wisdom teeth removed just over a week ago, I am just now reveling in the fact that solid food is no longer off limits. It is so lovely to be reintroduced to foods that you used to take for granted. Oyster crackers were like an early birthday present when I was able to eat them again, along with meat of any variety and apples. And 

This week, be it filled with getting used to classes and reading syllabi, has also been a lot about getting back into the swing of things. I have cleaned after the month long break, purchased my textbooks and a parking pass, entered all my due dates into my calendar, and finally managed to fill my fridge with food other than leftovers. That being said, however, I have not given any thought to dinners this week, and have only managed to heat up leftovers and use items out of my cabinet. Which is never a bad thing; thank goodness I had some things in the freezer to thaw out as I get settled into my new schedule. Tonight I combined black beans, corn, canned tomatoes, sauteed onions and peppers, and some grilled chicken to make a pasta dish of sorts. Filling, healthy, and it cleaned out my fridge some, so no complaints at all.

And now I have a 21st birthday to start planning!!! I shall ponder over my pasta. Any unique and fun suggestions would be more than welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment