Tuesday, June 5, 2012

In Continuation of my Tardy Mother's Day Theme

I figured I should get on posting about the actual meal that we enjoyed in order to commemorate another wonderfully spectacular and festively embraced Mother's Day.

What was on the menu? Why, a traditional backyard barbecue feast, certainly fit for my mom - 
Grilled Chicken Sausages and Hamburgers, with all the messy fixin's
Potato Salad
Grilled Asparagus
Cabbage Salad
Ice Cream and Brownie Sundaes

I owe you all the recipe for the cabbage salad - I have not yet memorized it and am back in Lexington, thus far away from mom's recipe box. It's delicious and simple though, definitely something up my alley, not to mention not that bad for you. The kicker? Dried ramen noodles, a food completely banned from my diet and yet, in this salad, it seems so right that I can overlook the sodium, fake ingredients, and overall "blah" just this once.




No barbecue plate is complete without Izzy's pickles - if you have no idea what I am talking about, then you have been sorely missing out your entire life... look them up now!



Doesn't this look like a kitchen island full of heaven?!





1 comment:

  1. My goodness this looks amazing. You should totally invite me over (hint hint) to your next cook-fest!!!

    ReplyDelete